Question
Posted by: Reggy | 2010/09/22

BACK TO NORMAL - WORRIED

I had my baby last week Monday, I am really wondering when will my body go back to normal after birth?
9 days after birth I am still bleeding, is it seems to be too much for me, with my first baby I bled for 4 days only.
Water retention and the swelling on my legs is still a case especially in the morning, when will this stop and what can I do to reduce the water retention?
The pain and swelling in my hands is getting too much now that I have a baby I thought I will be better. In the morning I find it difficult to move my hands they become stiff and extremely painful, when will this stop?

The bleeding can go on for up to 2 weeks but should be getting gradually less. The swelling can take seveal weeks to subside. Rest and keeping your feet up can help this.

1