Question
Posted by: MARY | 2009-05-26

Back stabbing

Please give me some advise , how do you handle people at work that is trying to sabotage you , we have a father and son that has a big influance on the big bosses , they always bad mouth everyone and check on you , I feel that they are now targeting me , I could give them answers on everything but I am scared since we are going through such hectic times , I am also fed up to show myself as being correct for the actions I have done , why will they do this ?

Big Bosses who don't recognize that this sort of thing is going on are foolish, but of course this happens. Presumably this malignant pair are trying to find fault with anyone else, so as to distract attention from their own inabilities and failures. I've been there too, earlier in my life. All you can do is to work as well as you can, and to keep records of major decisions and problems, so as to be able to show what you did.
What do other readers think, as surely many of you have run across this sort of thing ?

2
Posted by: I know | 2009-05-27

I was also in the same situation the whole of last year. Very senior people were bad mouthing me to the boss - even warning other juniors not to associate with me. I just kept quiet and did my job and completed my training. Guess what - the boss gave me a promotion in March without me asking for it. At the end of the day the boss will make up his own mind about you inspite of the gossip from the back stabbers. Just do your work the best you can and your work will speak for you.

Reply to I know
Posted by: stressed | 2009-05-27

Hi There,

i feel what the Doc is saying is true, i am going through exactly the same thing, i am working for this company for just a little yhan over a year and since i started here there is one person that is bad mouthing me infront of everyone and even at the bosses, it is hard to ignore when you see two people that is clearly sitting and talking bad about you and grabs every oportunity to bad mouth you in front of bosses and as i am a very quite and shy person i dont really comunicate with the bosses so they dont know me as person only what others tell them about me and because they dont like me, what they are telling the boss is not good. but i hope the bosses will see through it as i dont think i am as bad as others make me out to be

good luck and just ignore bad mouthing people

Reply to stressed