Posted by: fiona | 2011-02-06

back shoulder arm neuralgia?

For years I have had an itch over my right shoulder blade. Not a skin problem. This same spot can get very tense when my muscles spasm. Sometimes it itches,sometimes it aches like severe toothache, sometimes it''s a sharp muscle spasm pain, sometimes it''s a sort of buzzing numbness. All of this is now spreading to a wider area, up towards my neck and round the side towards my breast. I also quite often have pins and needles in my hand. When it wasn''t so bad my doctor thought a nerve could be pinched as I have a bit of arthritis bony growth on my spine. But this whole problem has got a lot worse since I had a rotator cuff injury- was jerked by my arm by nurse. The itching and severe aching pain now wake me from sleep so I need to do something.

You are experiencing a neuropathic pain, possibly due to nerve impinchment in the cervical spine. I suggest that you consult an orthopaedic surgeon for a MRI of the cervical spine.