Posted by: brett | 2008-12-02

Back problems

I have been have back ache and i think it may be because I concentrate only on muscle strengthening exercises rather that ligament/tendon strengthening excercises and stretching.

It started with lower back pain, then progressed up into my upper back. Now i have pain in my shoulders and also have started getting tension headaches.

Do you think this could be because of other problems or if you do agree, could you please recommend alternative excercises and stretches that I could try?

HI Brett

For back problems, the best thing is to see someone. It's not a part of the body and injury that you want to try things out on, because the wrong thing can easily aggravate the lower back, and the nerves and discs and that can become a problem that you battle with for the rest of your life. So while I hate to pass the buck, you really do need to consider seeing a physio, or a chiropractor about this one. It's important enough.