Posted by: Keith | 2010-01-08

Back Problem

Hi There,

I had Scheuermann'  s disease (where the vertebrae grow unevenly) when I was younger. Its was pretty painful but went away. Now it seems it has come back.. or it feels like the same pain... But its about 15 years since I had it.

I have taken some antiflam'  s but the pain it quite bad. It sort of popped up about 3 months ago(I was carrying some heavy furniture... I know! That was probably silly..), and has been there on and off. I surf just about every day, and this does not cause any pain., in fact it feels better. Its mostly when I wake up in the morning.

Any Advice much appreciated .

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Scheuermann's should not "return" - however the "unevenness" of the vertebral surface will remain. Although contact sports and severe physical activity could cause some discomfort and even pain - thus these activities are cautioned against. Chiropractic care or even physiotherapy, can offer relief in these circumstances. A good bed - preferably a "pocket spring" mattress could help a great deal too.

Posted by: Helena Niemand | 2010-01-19

Ek het vir 8 dae met n rug spier geloop wat seer is so by my 3 of 4 de rugwerwel van onder af. Die pyn het al hoe meer geword tot een middag terwyl ek bestuur toe voel ek my been pyn baie en linker kant gaan my been dood en my hele helfte van linker voet en hele hak is dood, dieselfde gevoel soos voet wat slaap. Dit is nou al n week dood. Ek loop mank. En my rug pyn aaneenlopend. Wat kan ek doen, ek was by fisio

Reply to Helena Niemand