Question
Posted by: Nompumelelo | 2009/06/10

Back pains

I was in an accident in 1999 and the past 3 years I only started experiencing bad back pains and just 2 years ago I was dignosed with Post traumatic arthiritis of the spine. The question is what can I do to deal with the pain because when I have it it is even difficult to walk up straight I have to band. I am is dire need of assistance.

Dear Nompumelelo
The first step is to get an examination by a orthopedic specialist with x/rays or MRI if needed. He will then decide whether you must be treated by surgery or with medication and physiotherapy. You may even have to get a special back support to wear to support your back.