Question
Posted by: blondie | 2008/06/24

Back pain,maybe kidneys?

Hi!

For the last two weeks I have started getting extreme back pain in my lower back, but at night when Im sleeping and after I get up, but it seems to get better during the day. We dont have a new bed and I cant figure out wheter its muscle pain or maybe something inside, maybe my kidneys? I have tried sleeping in different positions but nothing helps and the pain gets so bad that I wake up. So how do I know the difference between muscle pain or organ pain? thanks

Dear blondie
Best would be to go to a pharmacy and ask them to test your urine. If all clear and you don’t have pain when passing urine, or cold shivers or tenderness over the kidneys, the chances are high that this is muscle related. Try using something like Brufen for the pain if you are not allergic to any medication or have peptic ulcers?

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/12

I have a terrible pain in my lower back, think it could be my kidneys. I' m not sure if i sould go to the Doctor,it' s been like this for almost a week.