Posted by: Suraya | 2011-07-01

Back pain not going away

I have had back pains since February, my GP said that it was due to taking birth control and it caused my back to spasm. I also transferred to a new job and i am seating for most of the day and didnt exercise as much as i did prior to the transfer. He prescribed me to use a Sacro-Lumbar bacl support for 3 months which started in March. Since then i have still had the back pain when i dont wear the support. The 3 months are now over but the lower back pain is still there and i cant even sit at work without having it on. The pain is in my lower back and its worse if i stand for a while or do work that requires me to to stand. I have upped the intake of calcuim and have begun exercising 3 times a week for 60 mins on my treadmill without the belt and i dont seem to get very sore. What do i do to get rid of the pain ?? I want to be normal again !! Whats wrong with me ? What exactly do i have ?

I strongly suggest that you consult an orthopaedic surgeon for a full examination, possible x-rays and MRI of your lower back. Once the cause for your chronic back pain is found, treatment can be prescribed.