Question
Posted by: sam | 2010/02/21

back pain during pregnancy

am 23 weeks pregnant and I am having svere back pain. I feel like I am being paralised. Changing position while lying is too much difficult. Even I can feel the pain while standing. PLz help should I go to see a doctor. What should I do to ease it. I am full time working and also travel 4 hours daily. What do u suggest.

Back pain is quite common in pregnancy and you could use Panado. If it is severe, you should see your doctor.

2

Posted by: Nicky | 2010/02/22

Hi sam. I had the same kind of severe pain in my back when I was pregnant. I have back problems and the gynae said that it was normal, cause of my back problems of the accident I had. But, she also said, that I must be alert of any signs, as it can be early labour if its not my back problems giving me severe pain. Luckily, my baby was born on 39weeks and with many back-massages from hubby, I survived the back pains. Good luck to you!

Reply to Nicky