Question
Posted by: VV | 2011/02/07

Back Pain and Water Retention

hi, i started taking the pill about 5 months ago, due to skin problem called rosacea. i have noticed that since taking the pill i have started to gain a little weight i dont get particularly hungry so do you think this is because of water retention? also i noticed that i get my period only on the 4th/5th non active pill is that normal?
i have also been experiencing some strain on my back i did have it checked out but there was no serious injury i was told it is just a strain. the muscle on my spine- lower back feels knotted. any idea what this could be? your assistance iwll be highly appreciated.

Hallo VV
Taking the pill can cause slight weight gain and water retention in some patients. You may only start menstruating after taking a few non-active pills and this is nothing to worry about. You may have a muscle spasm in the back due to the strain and going for a massage or physiotherapy may be useful.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/07

Hallo VV
dr Bets