Posted by: Nic | 2010-10-06

back pain and deadlift

Hi Doc''
Sometimes when I do deadlifts or pick up heavy items I experience a sharp pain in my lower back eventhough I bend at the knees and keep my back straight. Once this happened I have to keep my back perfectly straight or I feel the pain again. What could this be and how can it be prevented or treated.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

You are obviously "over exerting" the lower back and placing undue strain on the joints and discs. You need to avoid this movement or reduce the weight that you are applying. You need to be very careful - remember that you are not growing younger - and regrets as you age may come too late!!!

Posted by: sammy | 2010-11-02

Ek moet die plek met julle deel. EK het vir 2 jaar met ''n seer rug rondgeloop wat gereeld in spasma gaan en geen fisio of nuwe bed kon my red nie. hierdie chick het my binne 3 sessies uitgesort. kaapstad - csbodyhealth.

Reply to sammy