Question
Posted by: Joost | 2010/02/24

Back pain after partial colectomy

Wife has lower back pain after parcial collectomy (polips removed). is this normal? pain started 2 to 3 days after surgery, and extends horizontally from left side of the back through to the right side, crossing the spine. Synap Forte does not relieve the pain. Pain especially intense during urinating. when sitting or sleeping, no pain is felt.

Hallo Joost
If she had a catheter in during the operation, she may now have a urinary tract infection. Rather let her doctor have a look and test urine as well.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/06/14

Hi. I had a partial colectomy for recurrent diverticulitits. I also have scoliosis and back k problems although before surgery I was able to be active with less pain. I was in bed for a few weeks during pre and pis too care and also battled polymyalgia rheumatica . I noticed after surgery I have terrible low back pain that is not relieved by lying down or sitting. I am on prednisone for polymyalgia and it is of no help. Is it possible that something went wrong? I do not have a uti . What could be the problem?

Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/24

Hallo Joost

Reply to cyberdoc