Question
Posted by: Rona | 2011/08/17

Back pain

Hello

I am 34 weeks preg and have been having this terrible pain on my back especially on the right hand side. The pain also affects the arm and shoulder blades and its most painful under the right hand shoulder blade. I have told my GP about it but he thinks its just pregnancy and has not checked it out but its realy painful such that I sometimes can''t sleep at night. This is really scaring me since my dad and sister passed away because of cancer and have another sister who has cancer as well. I just hope its not cancer especially now that I am pregnant.

What could it be?

It sounds like a muscle or joint problem. These are all quite common in pregnancy. Mention it to your gynaecologist at your next visit.

3

Posted by: sunshine | 2011/08/18

Sorry, i mean all your ligaments Stretch......

Reply to sunshine
Posted by: Sunshine | 2011/08/18

Hi There,

Im no Dr, but i also suffered like this towards the ending of my preg. My dr told me that because your body is starting to prepare for the delivery all your ligaments stress, and this tends to cause all the aches and pains.

Just try to take it easy and maybe take a panado or two just before you go to bed. It wont solve the problem, but atleast it will help take a little bit of the edge away.

Take care, you are almost there.....

Reply to Sunshine