Posted by: Warren | 2011-05-12

Back Pain

Hi Doc,

I have had severe pain in my back for the past three weeks.The pain is more a stiffness pain and radiates from my middle back upwards

I have a very stiff neck and shoulders which is causing headaches and can feel pressure and stiffness in my middle back

Any idea what could cause my stiff shoulders/neck and back
as it is really painful

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Dear Winston / Warren
A thorough examination of your back should reveal the possible cause of our discomfort. A chiropractor is best to consult at this stage - he/she may request an x/ray examination and follow up with appropriate care if indicated.
Exercise is also very important as well as the bed you are sleeping on. There are a variety of factors that could cause your pain and stiffnes.