Question
Posted by: f | 2011-02-23

back pain

Hi,I have suffered from mid to upper back pain since about 16years of age,it is on and off.Usually every 2 months or so after some straining work or long drive it acts up.What happens is my muscles seem to lock up.But with some anti-inflams and muscle relaxants and a bit of rest I''m ok within 2-3 days.But I am now 27 and I spent a week solid hunched over 7 hours a day painting last week.After that my back played up now but this is worse than ever.I have had 2 voltaren injections,taken diazepam,lentogesic,robaxin,the lot and been stretching etc but nothing is helping.My muscles are locked,my back is in agony.I have a pins n needles feeling along with a numbness and shooting pains across my mid/upper back.I am mobile and it is a little better each day but I can''t keep on the meds.What does this sound like to you that I may research it on the net and where to from here? a back orthopedic specialist or a neurologist?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

There is no doubt that you should see an orthopedic specialist who works with spines

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2011-02-27

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum