Posted by: Lee | 2010-11-28

Back Pain

My husband has lower back pain for the past 2weeks.He had the pain before,but now it is more intense, speacially at night. He went to a dr , but only pain medication was given. please help.

Hi Lee

Pity the doctor didn't try to address the cause, and only treated the symptom, that's really disappointing from him/her.

I think he needs that diagnosis - it could be muscle spasm related, maybe a pinched nerve, it could even be in the hamstrings, not the back, it's a pretty complex area down there!

So my advice, as much as I hate to pass the buck, is to see a physiotherapist, have them assess it and then work towards treatment. Often it's exercises to strengthen the core and back, which he'd have to be shown anyway, so that's why seeing someone is the best bet.

Posted by: Joe | 2010-12-01

Go and see an Chiropractitioner with his latest X-Ray or MRI. They will give alot of info on how to protect and recooperate his back strength.
Good luck.

NB- I''ve been through all of this.

Reply to Joe