Question
Posted by: Bernice | 2010/06/02

back pain

I had a back op 2 years ago at levels 3,4,5 and a prothesis was put in. I have had exrutiating pain for the last 6 weeks to a point where I cannot sit, lie down, I don''t sleep and I battle to walk. I had xrays taken in the area where the back op was done and it was discovered that a piece of bone is pressing against a nerve between level 4 and 5 where the protesis is. What would the treatment be for this I would imagine the only thing that can be done is to have it removed as how would medicatin sort this out? I can only get an appointment with a neurosurgeon in 2 weeks time despite my telling them of the terrible pain I am in and the strong medication I am taking which permanently makes me feel spaced out!!

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

That is a very specialised problem and other than taking strong pain-killers the next best thing is to see a neurosurgeon or an orthopedic spinal surgeon. I hope that you will be seen and helped as soon as possible

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/06/06

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum