Question
Posted by: Loyiso | 2010/05/12

Back pain

My right arm has become weaker than the left especially when i lift heavy objects and i had a lower back pain especially when i sit or drve long periods. You suggested that it could be my nerve has pinched and i must see the doc immediately. I have consulted and the x-rays were done on my neck and spine but the results could not pick anything wrong. The uric test acid that was done shown the high levels. The doc suggested that my back pain could be the muscle pain cause by the acid and it would go away as the acid comes down. He also suggested that if the problem with the arm persists then i had to see a specialist to test the nerve. The past two nights i could not sleep because of the terrible back pain in the middle left of my spine, migrating to the lower left below the back of the rib. i really thought i was dying. This back pain is notably when i had too much whisky to drink the previous days, of which is the case here. I am still feeling the numbness on my right bicep/forearm as well as burning pins on my hands. I take nexum from time to time for my stomach. Could all this be caused by the high levels of uric acid as the doctor suggested or could it have something to do with nerve pinching. The x-rays could not pick anything wrong although they also say they could not see through the other pictures and suggested that a follow up has to be done sometime. But the doc who interperpreted the results said there was nothing wrong. I am now scared to go to sleep because of the back pain that is so terrible at night. During the day it''s not bad although it''s dull. i also suffer from gout from time to time and the doc has put me on puri-something to bring down uric acid. Please advise.

Hallo Loyiso
uric acid could cause pain in the joints, especially if you notice that it has a relationship with alcohol use. It may take some time for the uric acid levels to come down so you may need some pain medication and anti-inflammatory medication in the mean time ( like Mypaid)

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/05/12

Hallo Loyiso

Reply to cyberdoc