Posted by: sandy | 2010-05-07

back pain

Good evening doctor, for the past 2 weeks i have had severe back pain and a week into this I got a swelling wher your (love handle ) is situated. I am ok when I lie down but when I move around my tummy area and swelling is painful and I feel dzzy and sick. i have had a scan a sonar and ct scan all with no explanation that anything is wrong. pls help

From your short description, I think that you have mechanical back pain, due to irritation of the nerves that route out of the lower lumbar vertebrae. You had a scan done which apparently does not show anything. You describe abdominal pain associated with lower back pain, where I think the only explanation can be problems with your kidneys. I therefore, suggest that you consult a urologist for an opinion and to have an ultrasound of your kidneys done.

I also suggest that you get a second opinion from an orthropaedic surgeon to evaluate your lower back.

Please provide me with feedback.

Posted by: sandy | 2010-05-08

thanks doctor, they did a scan and a full body ct scan with no results, my kidneys are healthy. I am concerned about the swelling on my right side that is tender and has the same feeling as a cyst of an ovarie, there is no longer have my right ovary.

Reply to sandy