Posted by: Ouch My Back Hurts | 2009-07-14

Back Pain

Hi, I would like to know the alternative to the pain block procedure. The number 4 vertibra cushion is crushed according to an MRI scan. I am 35 years old and i work as a mechanic, so my back is rather important to me. I would like to know all the options i have to correct this. The pain comes if i twist/turn my body, then lasts for about a week. Any suggestions.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

The disc is probably degenerated - thus not necessarily "crushed" . Options are Chiropractic care - to restore some mobility in the affected area, and physiotherapy which could do good as far as the soft tissue involvement is concerned. Certain exercises may further assist in strengthening the area and maintaining flexibility of the spine.