Question
Posted by: Lauralee | 2010/03/11

Back on the pill but late period

I am 26 and have been taking the pill to rid my skin from hormonal acne on and off over the last three years. I resumed it last month, and started taking it from the silver section about a week after I stopped menstruating. I''m now taking the placebo pills - and am on the last day of it - and I have not had a period. I am not sexually active so what do you think is the cause? Have I inadvertantly delayed a period? Or is this my body''s adjustment? And should I wait before resuming my next pack of pills? This has never happened to me before. I''m not sure if the brand name could make a difference but I''m on Yasmine. I was on Minerva before. Please can you prescribe a possible cause?

You generally start the Pill with your period, so the starting time has probably caused this. Just carry on with the next pack.

1