Question
Posted by: Hop a Long | 2008/06/15

Back Injury on duty

2 months ago I had a bad fall at work.
I shattered the cartlidge between the 4th and 5th disk,and had to undergo surgery. I am now in the process of healing. Can u explain how the injury on duty works,salary wise and do I have to check with the workmans compensation if my accident has been reported.I am extremly worried as my report was filled in by my manager incorrectly,and when I explained this to her she said it's fine,I fell due to the floor being wet with no sign boards visible.Her story was different.How can I correct this and what steps should I take?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

you need to log a complaint with workmans compensation as soon as possible.

2
Posted by: Hop a long | 2008/09/05

Please could you help me on the following.I stated that I had an operation done on my spine in June,however,I have had to under go 2 more operations 1 -being the " Spacer" Prosthesis which did not relieve the pain,the next in August was the " Fusion"  and now to have one of the screws removed as it is touching a nerve. It has been 6 months of total agony and I would like to know :as it was the Companies Fault of Neglegence that I fell, How can I go about claiming for neglegence from the Company." No Sign Boards" Indicating Wet /Slippery Floors" .They are still paying me a full salary monthly,would this be because they are hoping I don' t open a case against them?Please advise .

Reply to Hop a long
Posted by: Hop a Long | 2008/06/21

Thank you for getting back to me. I called the Workmans Compansation Office,as I am unable to get there due to the operation that I have had .I am unable to sit for long periods at a time.I spoke to a lady there and I gave her all my details and she assured me that my case had been logged and that all hospital expenses are to be paid.I explained to her that I was worried about the fact that my report was filled in incorrectly and relayed my side of the story,she said that as far a she knows my case was reported telephonically!!!(is this legal?)and that I should however not worry as I am covered.She also explained the salary side,however I am still concerned about the report not being truthful on there side.What if I am to be boarded.How do I go about this ? Will I covered for Medical in full -for how long?Pls can u help?

Reply to Hop a Long