Question
Posted by: Dave | 2010/04/23

Back injury at work

I worked at a company for 16 years and i had a back injury,however i was taken to hospital by the company ambulance and reports came back saying SLIGHT NARROWING ON L1 &  L2 VERTEBRA,so the company doctor closed the IOD without consulting with any specialist and diagnosed me with muscle spasm.Months later i couldnt walk and i was taken to a specialist were he found a broken disc and he had to operate,3 months later i was sent back to work doing the same job,The company refused me light duty based on the specialist decision,which caused me a second spine operation.I now no longer work for the company as i was retrenched in 2007 and can no longer find work due to my spine.Could you please advise me?

Dave

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: BACK INJURY AT WORK

You need to contact the Workmens Compensation Commissioner to see if you are still in time to claim injury on duty.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010/04/29

RE: BACK INJURY AT WORK

Reply to labour lawyer