Posted by: Bonny | 2009-02-04

Back and Neck Pain

I am 23 and have always had back and neck pain. I have been to a neurosurgeon and they did x-rays, and they said that I have a damaged disc between the vertebrae C2 and C3. I went to a physiotherapist and without being disrepectful - physio just does not help me much.

I then went to a chiropractor and he said that in addition to the neck pain that I do not have enough curvature in my spine, and that is the reason for the pain I get between my shoulder blades. I didnt go to the chiro again as i felt abit at unease with the way he manipulated?clicked the bones in my neck (it has become a bit of a phobia with me now - as it sort of reminded me of how action heros break necks in movies)

My questions are - do you think that the problems I have, can be helped by a chiropractor? And if I am uneasy with the neck manipulations - is there something else they can do? I am asking the above as I am thinking of trying another chiropractor.

Thank you for your time

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Chiropractic care should benefit you - but you should follow up on prescribed care. Physiotherapy should also prove beneficial - but as you have indicated, a little more was necessary. Chiropractors manipulate / mobilise / adjust the spinal segments. The "sound" is inevitable but not necessarily detrimental. The "cracking" sound is caused by a vacuum movement in the joint spaces. It is NOT a bony sound!! Chiropractors are expert in their technique and care -
e-mail me if I can be of any further assistance at