Posted by: Daughter | 2010-02-05

back aches

Hi doc!

The last few months my mother (55 years) has been complaining about lower back pains every time she has to get up from sitting or laying down, it gets so bad after sitting or laying for a long time that she can hardly stand up without leaning against something. She keeps drinking pain pills to get rid of the pain, but it doesn' t really help anymore.

She went to the doctor yesterday and he said that it' s because she has too much adrenalin in her body and that causes her back muscles to be stiff and sore. I' m afraid that it might be something else, because I feel that a doctor cannot make a diagnosis by just talking to the person and listening to their symptoms. Is there any other place that she can go ( maybe a certain specialist? ) to find out or maybe any specific tests she can get done?

Thank you!

I suggest that your mother consults an orthpaedic surgeon to have certain tests done. There are a multitude of causes for her symptoms and it will have to be investigated. Refer to the follow link: