Posted by: Zia | 2012-07-06

Back ache again

I have posted previously. I have been suffering from back ache for about a week. I have 2 diff back ache. The one is around the flank area the other is lower and more on the right side. This back ache wakes me up at night. I had this same problem a year ago and was treated for facet joint injury and a pelvic infection. Bladder was checked at that stage and had a scan of my ovaries. All okay. The Doc did mention that I have a slight prolapse urether. I was treated for both these things but the lower back pain continued for at least a month or so and then went away. Now a year later the pain is back. It is worse at night while sleeping. A sharp stabbing pain. During the day it seems fine. Look forward to your response.

The sharp stabbing pain is most likely due to facet joint injury or disc pathology, especially if the pain radiates to the buttocks and thigh. The other pain could be due to an infection of the urinary tract, a small kidney stone, ovarian cyst or pelvic inflammatory disease. I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination, urine test, blood tests, MRI of the lower back and possible abdominal ultrasound.