Posted by: Janine | 2009-07-08

Hi, bout 5 days ago my back started hurting. I thought it was my back muscles that went into a spasm so i went for a voltaren injection yesterday. It is getting worse by the minute and i can hardly move. It feels more like my spine because when i try to wrap the muscles it doesnt feel as if it is where the pain is coming from. If i look down it really hurts even more, especially in the middle of my lower back. I cant walk up straight and i cant lift myself up when sleeping/sitting without much effort. Im going to the doc after work. Is this back musles?

Hallo Janine
Yes it sounds like a back muscle spasm - but Voltaren is only anti-inflammatory and anti-pain, it won't relax or help for a spasm. For that you need physiotherapy and a muscle relaxant.