Question
Posted by: Candy | 2008/09/11

Back Ache

Could you please explain the following to me in simple unerstandable terms:
There is a disc space narrowing at the level of C5/C6 with early anterior and posterior spur formation. There is mild impingent of of the existing nerve roots bilaterally at C5/C6.

I would appreciate a detailed explaination of this diagnosis of my x-ray.

Many Thanks

Dear Candy
The space between the vertebra of the neck (number 5 and 6) is narrowed and there are signs of early bony outgrowths to the front and back. The nerve is slightly pinched at both sides between vertebra 5 and 6 of the neck. This can cause symptoms like pain and needles and pins in the arms (usually upperarms). It may help to get some physio to try and relieve the pressure of the narrowed disc on the nerves.