Posted by: Lauls | 2009-10-30

Please can you give me some advice doc. I have spent a fortune on physiotherapy and can' t afford that anymore.
I work at a desk all day. A little over a month ago I slipped a disk in my back (this is what the physio says). I am 25 in case you need to know. Before it happened I was doing yoga a bit and cardio, and I have had back pain in the past. I was bending over when it happened and it was excrutiating. I could walk slowly the next day but needed someone to help me. It was about 5 days until I could walk by myself and sit up.
I was told to do stretches and pilates. I have been doing stretching and pilates (once a week for the last 2 weeks) and light walking at the gym. I have been very careful but make sure I do these types of exercise at least 5 times a week.
I was even able to climb Lion' s head last tuesday!
But on Wednesday afternoon my back started to get very sore, so I rested that night. Then yesterday around 12 my back was in a lot of pain - it' s like a tingly feeling and I was walking funny.
I went home and took pain killers and just slept.
This morning the pain' s less but it' s still very fragile.
I don' t know what to do as it should be improving and it seems to be getting worse again.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

You do have signs of an instability in your lower back. I would recommend that x/rays be taken of the affected area and that you consult a reputable chiropractor at your earliest convenience. The condition needs to be stabilised and you possibly need advice on lifestyle, office ergonomics, exercise etc.....