Posted by: Boo | 2009-07-10

S0 I went to Dr Randeree he spoke to me for an hour really cool guy he explained to me that medication is not the key, well it is one of the keys but not the complete key he was againt me using epilim he preffered me to stay on my current regiment which was 40mg cipramil and 0.5 rivotril fo the time beig told him I felt the cipramil not be the best of rugs and tat I should make a witch so he said star with cipralex at 5mg a day for 2 days there after 10mg a day he also told me to continue with the rivotril at 0.5mg at night for a month however he told me to play around with the rivotril by either taking 0.25mg or 0.5mg to see which dose is appropriate for me as I was feeling tired during the day, Im concernd that my cipralex dose is to small I mean I was on 40mg of cipramil am I at risk of getting panic attacks in this period? I woke up this morning feeling anxious with palpitations last night I took 0.25mg instead of 0.5mg of rivotril to see if it would be suffice do you think this caused my slight panic this morning? What should I expect on this new drug?

The doses of Cpralex and Cipamil are never the same ( as with other drigs ) --- each has it's own specific dose range which works, and some drugs are just effective in smaller doses than are others --- comparing doses between different drugs isn't a useful exercise. Cipralex can be useful at lower doses than Cipramil.
With a sedaitve drug like Rivotril, it makes sense to experiment a litle to see which dose gives the most benefit with the least daytime sedative hangover. When comparing doses of it, try a couple of nights on a dose before deciding which suits you best.
And give my regards to Dr Randeree.