Posted by: Bee | 2009-09-02

Babysitter or fly?

Hi all

We have a one year old bulldog, We' re going away next weekend and our regular petsitter (that sleeps over and is there all day and wals her) is already booked. I am seriosuly considering letting her fly with us but is almost certain that this will be very traumatic for her. I often see dogs in cages at the airports and really feel so bad for them...

what is best, getting a new petsitter or flying her with us? If we do the decond option we will obviously give her a tranquiliser....

please send comments.

Dear Bee

To fly or not to fly, that is the question. The decision is yours.

Posted by: Steph | 2009-09-03

I agree Chill, when I lived in CT i used the SPCA in Grassy park and they were fantastic. The rate was good, the kennels clean and dogs happy. I did make an effort though to donate the difference that i saved in fees as opposed to a private kennel to them as they are struggling a bit financially. and if you dont have cash, some old blankets or a bag of dog food or two wouldnt go amiss i am sure :)

Reply to Steph
Posted by: Chill | 2009-09-02

Why don' t you book her into a reputable kennel?

If you' re in Cape Town, the SPCA in Grassy Park are excellent - they really look after their boarders well.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: steph | 2009-09-02

i have flown with my dogs and it went well but i dont know if i' d do it for just a weekend. and tranquilisers are out of the question, should you choose to fly i could reccommend "  pets en transit"  its a great travel company, but they also run two kennels, one in jhb and one in durban, i have used both kennels for the past three years and they are fantastic my dogs always look happy when i have taken them there, i think kennels may be kinder for a short tterm solution. my dogs are old and have heart problems, but i trust Ralun kennels with them implicitly.

Reply to steph