Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2010/07/13

Baby''s Mentality

My baby is 9 months old.

She is not teething and she is not sick.

She doen''t want to do anything and cry''s the whole day if you don''t pick her up.

What kind of behaviour is this, what is going on in there minds?

Are they frustrated about something?

How can you understand there mentality?

Thank You

I understand that this is worrying for you. Assessment of suh a problem is so hard to try online, and the possible causes for such a situaion are many. She should be assessed in person, preferably by a child psychiatrist or child psychologist or paediatrician ( maybe the best first step ), or at least a GP, jst to be surer about what may be troubling her and whether this needs intervention.

8
Posted by: Maria | 2010/07/13

Yes, if you are not well emotionally she will pick up on that.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Purple | 2010/07/13

Moving house is very scary for a baby - suddenly everything they know is different. It can take a few weeks to a few months for them to be sleeping properly again and not so clingy.

Crawling starts anywhere between 9 and 12 months and walking anywhere between 11 and 16 months.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Sarah | 2010/07/13

Thank you for all the answers.

She has been for a thorough check up ad the paedatrician, he found nothing wrong.

She is not crawling yet or walking, when should she be crawling and walking?

We have moved house, but nothing else has changed. Could it be that me have moved? How long does it take for her to settle?

Does you baby feel it when you are down and feeling not wel

Reply to Sarah
Posted by: Purple | 2010/07/13

children start going through separation anxiety from around 7 months and want to be picked up a lot, cry if you aren''t in the room and so on. This peaks about about two and then eases off and gets better.
If you have moved house or gone on holiday or there has been a change in routine it can make her feel insecure and she will cling to you and cry a lot.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Maria | 2010/07/13

At 9 months she is really to young for psychological intervention. You need to look at things like did you change your routine? Did you change what she eats? Is anything else different, assuming that she has not always been like this? Then have her assessed by a paed.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Happiness | 2010/07/13

Children don''t reach the necessary milestones at the same age, some really delay in other areas. But at 9 months they don''t cry much because they are aware of their surroundings and spend most of their time exploring. I think you do need a doctors opinion on why she cries all the time.

Reply to Happiness
Posted by: Maria | 2010/07/13

Have you taken your baby for a thorough checkup at a paedatrician? Is she reaching her developmental milestones?

Reply to Maria