Question
Posted by: lara | 2013/01/29

babys brain

Hello just had a 28 week scan and have been told that the lateral ventricles have a mild promience and they cannot visulise the septum pellicidum and uncertain whether they can see the corpus callosum either. What affect may this have on the baby ?? and can the mild promience of the ventricles get worse during my pregnancy ??

This is a complex problem and without all the exact details it is hard to comment. I would suggest that you ask for a referral to a fetal specialist who should be able to explain all the implications to you.