Question
Posted by: Marelize | 2010/04/12

Babys birth

MY baby was born on 2 Desember 09, I had a c-section. after 2 weeks I went to Hospital and I was told I only have infection, a week after that I phoned my doctor and gave all symptoms, he said it doesnt sound serious but if im really worried I can see him the next day. I went to hospital straight away despite of what he said, as my legs started feeling dead, when I went to hospital they found something was left inside I was admitted straight away. They told me the doctor that did my c-section has to do my in afrikaans " skraap" . I was dead scared of him but went through with it. He said I must get iron I dont need blood and then I can go home. The evening after I couldnt sleep I felt as if I cant breathe the nurses gave me oxygen but it did not help my blood pressure cept dropping, at a point it was in the seventies over 45. I was very scared and thaugt I was going to die. The next day when my husband came I couldnt speak and everytime I closed my eyes I stopped breathing, I was put in high care straight away. They found I need blood, my HB was 6 and it has to be 15. The doctor came late afternoon and told me my body reacted this way because of the bloodloss, my brain tells the organs to stop functioning. In the same breath he told me the only reason I was moved to high care was because if 15 different nurses phone they cant do theyre job. Since I got out of Hospital I struggled sleeping, I cant eat well, i lost 30kg in 4 months I am going through so much and I allways feel sick and get panic attacs, can I sue him?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

Dear Marelize,
Best would be to consult an attorney on this as this may be of a medical malpractice nature.

Best of luck.

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2010/04/15

Dear Marelize,

Best of luck.

Reply to family law expert