Question
Posted by: Alida | 2011/07/12

Baby''s bad cough

Hi Dr,

On Friday we took our 19month old daughter to the doctor as she had a bad fever and is coughing very badly.

The doctor said she has ear and troat infection. he gave her anitbiotics and cortozone for her cough. but her cough really got bad last night she vomitted because of it.

Do you have any advise for me i do not know what to do anymore and i do not want to give her more anitbiotics. please help

Alida

I suggest that you consult a paediatrician for special tests. The flu commonly persists for one to three weeks but this year the flu has a prolonged effect on the patient.