Question
Posted by: SIYA | 2011-03-18

BABYDADDY

My babydaddy and i are not togeter anymore.but we still talk.he told me he took a policy for our 5months onld daughter.but he never came to me asking for her birth certificate.can he do that just by writing her name not her id number?he also said he wrote her as his beneficiery in his life policy.
is it possible?I thoght a birth certificate is requierd for all this.Is he just trying to make me think hes a changed man now by lying to me or it is true.

thanks

This is a technical life insurance question, far beyond my expertise. If he's open about this, he should give you a copy of both documents, anyway ( if he got run over by a taxi, maybe nobody's find copies of the policies to implement them ). Anf the documents should show whether he's being honest or not. Though of copurse, having suitably impressed you, he could stop paying on the child's policy, and change his beneficiary

6

Posted by: Truth | 2011-03-18

Hopefully u r claiming maintenance for yr child?
If so she is a depedant and would have first claim on any death benifits her father is insured for.

Reply to Truth
Posted by: just saying! | 2011-03-18

Single Moms must not think ,because of the maintenance they get that this is efficient for taking care of a child/children.
Single moms must have policies of their own and maintenance falls away when the child reach the age of 18, ( dont shout at me , I am a single mom myself)
Single parents must insure their own lifes in case of death and needs cover for dissibality , dread disease and funeral cover.You have insurance for your car and you need insurace for your family.
These days most single moms dont take care of their own financial freedom and it is possible!

Reply to just saying!
Posted by: Just saying! | 2011-03-18

You can not add a minor child on your life policy or any other policy , there must be a will with a trust for the chid is she is under the age of 18.

I work with this everyday. That is the biggest mistake that people make when they take out policies,
education policies can not be taken out on the child''s name and because your ex partner is the payer he will be the owner,
I will suggest you talk to him about setting up a trust for the child in will.

It is best that you also take out a life policy to cover your daughter in case of death, it is not expesive and you need a will as well and must appoint a guardian for your daugther.

This is very necessary for every single parent or parent for that matter.

Keep this information in mind.

Reply to Just saying!
Posted by: Mickey | 2011-03-18

Only names surname and the date of birth is required to load a beneficiary and ID no is not obligatory...

Reply to Mickey
Posted by: Casey | 2011-03-18

When you add someone as as beneficiary on your life policy, the person who takes out the life insurance usually that fills in a form with the beneficiaries and the beneficiaries dates of birth. Usually on a life policy an ID number of the beneficiaries is not required. Only the ID number of the life insurer.

Usually when a policy is taken out, only the details of the person taking out the policy is required.

You can always ask him at which company the policy is and the policy documents to make sure he is not lying.

Reply to Casey