Question
Posted by: maria | 2010/02/18

baby' s father

help please

i have a problem with my baby' s father i cant say we officially broke up but we r not on speaking terms since last year december. the problem is he doesnt want to pay the baby' s nanny because we r no longer together and the baby' s nanny is my aunt now that he refuse to pay i told him he can just leave everything then i wil make a plan for my baby and he might as well forget about seeing her cause if he has a problem paying the person who is looking after his baby then he is not willing to take care OF HIS CHILD NEEDS was i wrong or what cause now i feel sorry for my child not seeing her dad because of our fights the baby is only 10 months old

He should pay what he can BECAUSE he loves his child, not because he does or does not live with you. You can go to a maintenance court and have them calculate what he should pay, and then he would have to do so - but they would make no connection between paying maintenance and having access to the child - what matters is whatever is best for the child.

1