Question
Posted by: Bee | 2010/04/26

Baby wipes for face AND pigmentation

Hi! I couldn''t find " adult"  cosmetic face wipes when I last went shopping, and bought Johnson and Johnson''s baby wipes to clean my face with before bed. Since using them, my skin has felt so soft and smooth. Is it okay to use these long term now, or are proper cosmetic ones better? I use a good moisturiser. (I am 27). ALSO, I have pigmentation on my upper lip from being on the pill and sunbed-ding, and have tried so many products as well as dermabrasion. Anything you can suggest? Thanks!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Bee, thank you for the question.

I do not see any reason for not using the baby wipes to clean your face but one may consider adding an inexpensive facial wash to your regime.

The pigmentation you have noticed may be Melasma (hormonally induced pigmentation) and may be difficult to treat. Your best option would be to consult a dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner with a special interest in pigmentation who can examine the area and advise you on the best treatment options.

In the interim you can consider using NeoStrata’s Pigment Lightening Gel and the Brightening Cream in this area and see if a noticeable improvement is visible within 8 weeks of use. Of utmost importance is the use of a good SPF (50 or higher) that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide and it should be applied several time daily.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/04/28

Hi Bee, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert