Question
Posted by: Kitty | 2012/02/15

Baby weight.

Dear Doc
I''ve had a baby 3 months ago. Now i got a lot of fat on my waist. And I mean a lot. Like when I sit on a chair, it actually rests on my legs. So...my question is this. Besides eating healthy, what type of cardio would I have to do to get rid of the fat. I''ve got a treadmill at home...and I''m not afraid to use it. I''ll run until I drop dead if I have to..not the ideal situation cos what will happen to my baby...lol. How many days a week, and for how long. Should I do intervals or what. Please help, I know I''ll need to work hard, and I''m ready for that.

Hi Kitty

The treadmill is a good start - a little boring, in the practical sense and so you may have to explore some other options to give you some variety in the future, but that's a good place to start. I've given a link in my answer to your question above that expands on this a little more.

Generally, aim for 30 to 40 min, every second day, for now. Let your body guide you, and as you get fitter, you'll go faster or longer naturally. The programmes will guide your increases in training, and that's probably the best place to start. As you get fitter, I would move training outdoors when you can (for the variety again), and maybe find a goal, like a 10km run you can enter - the goal is always the key thing!

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012/02/17

Hi Kitty

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012/02/17

Hi Kitty

Reply to fitnessdoc