Question

baby weight

my baby is 5 months old and its hard to lose weight. the scale says the same damn thing every week even tho my clothes feel more loose on my body. i' m hungry quite often and i know this could be attributed to breastfeeding. but how do i beat the munchies without compromising milk production and still lose weight? i' m so frustrated and angry at myself.

Dear Anonymous
Congratulations on the birth of your baby! Because you are breastfeeding and this is the greatest gift you can give your baby which will have a positive influence on his or her health for the rest of his/her life and will even prevent the child from getting overweight, it is not a good idea to use any drastic diets or strenuous exercise regimens. You can try eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), just add another cup of fat-free milk or yoghurt to your daily intake to ensure that you and baby obtain all the calcium you require for good health. Combine this diet with moderate exercise such as going for a walk with baby in the pram or even better in a baby sling on your back for 30 min a day. This regimen should help you to start losing.
Enjoy the baby