Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/02

Baby weaned

Dear Doc

I weaned my youngest a week ago after breastfeeding him for nine months. The Dr pescirbed Dostinex. I took the first dose just after I breastfed for the very last time.
It has been a week now and my breasts feel heavy (though not completely full). I have not let my baby breastfeed or expressed any milk, because I do not want to stimulate lactation.
However, I feel that there is some milk left over in my breast. Will this disappear over time or should I express it in order to prevent abscesses etc?

Do not express the milk. This will just stimulate more production. It should dry up in time.