Posted by: Ouma Goose | 2009-02-20

Baby wakes up in tantrums for up t 2 hrs

My daugther and grandchild, now 2 years old, lived with us since baby' s birth. My daughter and baby' s father is not married. Last year November they decided to move in together to see if the relationship works. Things did not work out and they moved back in with us in the beginning of January. Some nights baby will wake up screeming and just wants her grandma. This is upsetting because she is really aggresive towards her mother during this tantrum sessions. She sleeps with her mother on the same bed but during this she wants to sleep with me and my husband or else in their bedroom but on the carpet. When she wakes she is her lovable self.

Her dad visits her every Wednesday from 17:00 until 19:00. He will alway stretch the farewell until baby scream and does' nt want him to go. But for that matter she screams even when the Maid leave! She also stay over with him on Friday nights until Saturdays at 17:00.

Please help.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

This is not doing anyone any good - not the parents, and certainly not the child. Your paediatrician is probably in the best position to give advice about this problem.