Question
Posted by: Anne | 2011/11/11

Baby stopped growing @ 8 weeks

Good day,

My sister has PCOS &  has suffered 2 miscarriages, where the foetus stopped growing @ 8 weeks (both times). Her doc says it could be genetic but no-one in the family has had a miscarriage. Should she see another gynae? Can you please recommend a way forward?

Thank you.

I would suggest some tests- a screen for diabetes, check thyroid function and chromosomes of her and her partner.

4
Posted by: salaminah | 2011/11/15

Hi there, ive done 2 miscarrages last year feb and oct 2010 when i was11 weeks both miscarriages. i went to a gynae, he took blood to check my homons and hiv test,pap smear and he check my uterus with hytoscopys and found that i have Endromentrial polyps. then he done womb scrub on the 25/10/2011 to clean that Endromentrial polyps.Endromentrial polyps can cause miscarrage or not conceiving at all.Go to google and read.So go to the gynae and check everything
GOOD LUCK

Reply to salaminah
Posted by: Anne | 2011/11/15

Thnak you both for the advise.

Anon, I wish you all the best with your pregnancy &  soon you will have a healthy, happy baby in your arms.

Reply to Anne

Seek a second opinion  I know that the general rule is to wait for 3 miscarriages before an investigation is done but why wait. I know what it feels like to have multiple miscarriage. have investigations done and ruke out whatever you can and whatever is the matter can surely be managed. She might have to be on a number of medications during her pregnancy as I am but im almost five months pregnant and my little girl is so well and so active.