Posted by: Topaz | 2009-09-28

Baby small for dates

I went for my 28 week scan today and the baby' s measurements are that of 26+ weeks. The baby weighs 0.9kg. The doctor said that there is nothing to worry about as my previous baby was quite small and measured 2.1kg when born (4 weeks premature) and I am most likely going to have a small baby. The placenta is in a good position and the amniotic fluid looks good. I do have a follow up appointment in two weeks time as she wants to monitor the baby' s growth. Is there something that I should worry about?

No, it sounds within normal limits.

Posted by: 2nd time mommy | 2009-09-30

I dont think you should be too concerned. My first baby was actually small, he weighed at 2.8kg at 38 weeks.
This time around, my baby already weights 2.2 kg at 32 weeks. The gynae did say it is a big baby

during the next appointment ask teh gynae should you be concerned.Im sure at that time your baby would have grown much bigger...
all the best, good luck

Reply to 2nd time mommy