Posted by: Christina | 2013-02-12

Baby shower

Oh my World I feel like I''m about to pull all my hair out. Right now.
My younger sister is expecting her first child. Plan was all the the sisters contribute money in making the day special. However we included her to give some of her own ideas, and what she would like. So, last night, my three sisters were on talking on a group chat, waiting for me, but my phone was off. So this morning, my other sister was pestering me on about the invitation as she has someone who can make it for free. So, this person was only going to do a preview. I sent all the information and explained how it should look and be. Including the wording. Etc. Just to see how it will come out. So, my lil sister all of a sudden, made a big thing out of it. My word. Can people really be so pathetic? That they rather want to wait until every single is online and discuss everything online. when they could''ve just done a follow up to see what everyone said and maybe than add your own, and take out a few suggestions?
Maybe I should''ve waited for everyone to finish work etc. An waited until 21:00 tonight and than maybe discussed this.
What must I now do? Apologise? For being so selfish as she now accuses everyone of being selfish.when I was the one that gave out information. My sisters friend would''ve just done the preview. If no one liked the wording or colour, they could''ve said. " hey Christina, stuff your ideas where your food comes out" . And surely we could''ve just made another preview with what the mother to be would be prefer.

Sorry Cybershrink, I just needed to vent. And unfortunately my 2 best friends are busy at work, so I can''t like vent to them. . :(

Sounds like the Bridezilla syndrome. The youngest usually get spoiled and used to having everything their own way ; but there's a modern tradition of exaggerating the wedding, and encouraging brides to become monstrous dictators and hysterically demanding through the Big Day ( and then ignore the woman for the rest of her life ) - it's one day of being treated as far too important, and then years of not being recognized as important enough.
Maybe the combination of pregnancy hormones AND Bridezilla is not a great idea, and an argument for separating pregnancy and weddings by some months ?
Like Lebo, I dont think drama queens shoudl receive applause.

Posted by: Lebo | 2013-02-12

I think your little darling sister needs to be reminded that, baby showers are a good gesture not a must . They are suprises as well not something she should be taking part it. It was very sweet of you to want her invovled so that she is pleased with the outcome. If now she is going to be a drama queen about it, how about we call the whole thing off.

She must relax!

Reply to Lebo
Posted by: Purple | 2013-02-12

Perhaps just suck it up and put it down to pregnancy hormones and just ask her to tell you what she wants changed, as its just a preview, so there is plenty time to accommodate changes.

I generally do invites for baby showers by making a nice slide in powerpoint and e-mailing it out. Perhaps she would like to design her own invitation like this and you can e-mail it out.

Really nice that you aren''t subjecting her to the horror of a surprise party. I''ve never seen one be pleasant for the poor person who was cleaning their house and is whisked off all sweaty and in their fat clothes with unwaxed legs and then expected to entertain all these well dressed guests when they have no make up on.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Christina | 2013-02-12

Thanks Maria.

Maybe she just feels that we should start treating her as an adult now. Since after all she has always been treated like a baby, being the youngest grandchild, sister and daughter. But I just don''t see how this could upset anyone. It would never upset me even if my hormones were jumping out of control. Cause, it''s not like we consulted each other behind her back. After all that''s what a social networking is all about, being able to talk and discuss things while we living our separate lives. I know I was very upset this morning, and could really not give a shit whose feelings I ended up sparing, cause someone gave my personal
cell number out. Which I demanded answers for. And no one
confessed. But still. It was just a preview. If only she can get that into her head. It''s not like were we going to make 50 copies in one go.

Reply to Christina
Posted by: Maria | 2013-02-12

If your sister isn''t usually someone who makes mountains out of molehills, then this sounds like pregnancy hormones talking.

Reply to Maria