Posted by: Olive | 2010-05-31

Baby Shampoo

I have a 15 week old Yorkie. She is so tiny and absolutely gorgeous!!! I bath her with J& J baby shampoo. Any harm? Could this cause her skin to be become itchy? She scratches every now and then so I used Frontline drops (the monthly treatment) in her neck. She still scratches. Just as a matter of interest, will plain low fat yoghurt do her any harm? I have not tried it yet but was wondering if it could do her any harm as it is healthy to humans –  maybe not for pets??? I know Yorkies have very sensitive digestive systems –  therefore my question.

Hi Olive<br> ;<br> ;I would advise that you do not use the baby shampoo as the skin pH and thickness is very different from that of a human. What you may find is that the dog will start scratching post washing as the skin can become very dry/irritable. If you are looking for a gentle animal shampoo then I would advise that it has an oatmeal base.<br> ; Plain yoghurt will not do any harm. If you are uncertain what to purchase please ask at your local veterinary practice

Posted by: Susan | 2010-06-01

Rather use Protexin, it is a probiotic supplement especially for dogs. You get it from the vetshop.

Reply to Susan