Question
Posted by: Bianca Wehmeyer | 2011-02-17

Baby Reflux

My baby has had problems with vomiting since birth, He was born 2 months prem but has been a good eater. He keeps his solids down fine but can vomit up a bottle easily.
If he drinks a bottle and gets up, it will coem out. He also has earache easily and tends to suffer from sinus. I have found that adding porridge to his milk helps.
Do you think it is reflux?

Hi Biance
It sounds like reflux to me - thickening his milk will definitely help as well as keeping him upright just after a feed. Reflux in babies usually disappears by about 1 year, if it persists or your baby does not gain weight you may need to discuss with your pediatrician. No medication is usually necessary.
dr Bets

6
Posted by: Meez | 2011-02-17

Don''t know wot just happened here i only posted this once but it''s appearing a few times on the forum weird! lol

Reply to Meez
Posted by: Meez | 2011-02-17

Hello Bianca.. i know exactly wot you talking about i found out my baby had reflux at 2 months old he just could keep his milk down and would cry alot because apparantley it''s like heartburn too so the paediatrician told me to put him on Nan AR (anti reflux) formula which worked like a bomb! he was on that till 6 months cause then i introduced solids so he didn''t really drink alot of bottle but continued giving him that but the older stage. Hope that helps.

Reply to Meez
Posted by: Meez | 2011-02-17

Reply to Meez
Posted by: Meez | 2011-02-17

Reply to Meez
Posted by: Meez | 2011-02-17

Reply to Meez
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-02-17

Hi Biance
dr Bets