Question
Posted by: Mom | 2011/02/21

Baby not sleeping well

I have a 6month old little boy! He is a good baby, but just does not sleep well at all. Throughout, i think he has only slept through on 3 different occassions so he can do it! He wakes sometimes every 30 - 60 minutes through the night! He is being breastfed and he refuses to take a bottle.
He is extremely restless in his sleep! He rubs his face in the matress and sometimes bangs his arms on the matress too. I have tried on his tummy and on his sides, a little scared to leave him on his back incase he brings up a wind and chokes.
He is teething at the moment, and i have tried everything to ease the pain (even 5ml stopain which apparently is suppose to make him sleep!) During the day he sleeps fine on the maids back - this morning he has slept from 8 till 13:00 - my thought from being so tired after a restless night! He is healthy, my pediatrician has checked him out. Is there anything else i can try. I have been as quiet as possible with him from when i get home to playing with him to get out all his energy to having him in a dark room to a litup room - i am running out of ideas here! The restlessness has come before he started teathing! I am totally exhausted because of this and my husband wants to help at night, but i must still feed my little one so it is kind of pointless!

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Infants wake every 60 minutes or so every night. The trick is for them to learn that this is OK, but they dont wake the rest of the family, and they go back to sleep. He certainly doesnt need to be fed every time he wakes.

There are various ways to sleep-train a child, and this is the age when you should be able to start doing it. Remember the bottom line for him is attention. You need to know that he is OK, and then not give him the attention he is seeking. There are lots of books giving advice about how to do it, and they all work.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011/02/22

Reply to Sleep expert