Posted by: Exhausted Mom | 2009-01-09

Baby not sleeping through

My baby is almost 9 months, and sleeps very bad. He has power naps during the day - anything between 10 to 30 minutes, and only if I go to sleep with him , will he sleep longer. He still wakes twice at night - at abt 1am and again around 5am. I am exhausted during the day, as I have a full time job, and a 4yr old to tend to. How do I change the sleeping pattern of a 9 month old. He has Purity for Supper around 7pm, then a milk bottle at about 8:30 when he goes down for the night He will again have a bottle at 1am and at 5am and be up and calling to play at around 6. I am desperate for a full night sleep.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

At this age he should be able to sleep more regular hours. Take him to your paediatrician to check that there are no other problems. The doctor will then be able, at the same time, to advise you on how to get him to sleep more regular hours.

Posted by: Mommy too | 2009-01-10

I am not a doctor, but have a toddler and a baby. My toddler had " colic"  as a baby and very bad sleeping patterns until I sought the help of our peaditrician. He prescribed Valegran syrup and the book " Toddler Taming"  by RIchard Green. I gave her the Valegran every night for a week just to get her into the routine of sleeping through the night without a bottle.
The book by Dr Green is very helpful in terms of sleep discipline - and not as horrid as the " let them cry"  advice some books offer.
The syrup and advice solved my problem. Good luck to you.

Reply to Mommy too