Question
Posted by: opal | 2010/05/19

Baby not moving every day

Good day,
I wonder if you can help me?
I am 16 wks pregnant with my 3rd baby (my youngest son is now 6 and a bit), my query is: i do feel my baby move occassionally but not every day or event 10 times a day, at the last scan about 2 weeks back everything was fine and event then I didnt feel baby that much, my question is when do I start worrying about it? Will I have cramping or vaginal bleeding?
My second question is, at my age of 37, which is the medically safest mode of delivery for me, my first son was a normal delivery (went septic after the episiotomy) so with my second son I did a csection which was fine in 2004, please could anyone advise me on this?
Thank you....

At 16 weeks there is very little movement. It is only later in the pregnancy that you will feel movement every day.After one caesarean, the chnaces of another are about 50%. This will depends on the size of the baby and various other factors that can only be assessed later in the pregnancy.

2

Posted by: Racoon | 2010/05/19

I''m also on my third pregnancy, and same as you did not feel baby move every day, until about 20 weeks. Baby is still quite small, and when he/she changes position you might not feel anything until the position is changed again. About the C-section of VBAC, as far as I know you can have a VBAC after only one c-section. After 2 C-sections the risk of uterine rupture is too great. I''ve had 2 c-sections (first one was due to baby going overtime - came out 4.4 kg!), and then opted for c-section anyway second time round. From your episiotomy experience I would guess a c-section is preferred?

Reply to Racoon